Our South West Region is undertaking a project to realign a 1.7km section of the South Western Highway in Burekup between Russell Road and Raymond Road. This will include the construction of a new bridge over the Collie River and a culvert over the Collie River floodway. Work commenced in September 2015 and is expected to finish in April 2016.
The project will:
- Provide a safer and modern road and bridge with safety barriers.
- Cater for increasing traffic volumes, especially heavy vehicles.
- Improve safety for locals accessing Burekup.
- Replace the existing deteriorating bridges with modern, durable structures with a longer life span and less maintenance liability and costs.
- Improve erosion control of the bridge and culvert structures, and protect the natural river bank using rocks.
MJB Industries products supplied 144 x 2700mm x 2700mm x 1.20m MRDWA Box Culverts to 1597.2 and Main Roads Specification 404.